Thursday, January 1, 2009

Spinning the New Year: Resolutions


Well, 2008 has FINALLY come to an end, and I must admit, I am waving frantically goodbye to it, giving it the finger and screaming "GOOD RIDDANCE!!!" It wasn't the best of years, although I do have to thank 2008 for some really good stuff like my pay raise and especially for bringing me the wonderful world of blogging. But, I am looking forward to 2009 with much anticipation, hoping and praying that it kicks 2008's ass in the good stuff department. I am pretty sure it will, but to help it along, I am participating in Sprite's Keeper's Spin Cycle and coming up with some bad-ass resolutions that if I stick to (God willing), the year will be fabulous. So, here they are, in no particular order. Sorry there are so many, but I really sucked this year so I have to step up my game in 2009:

1. Lose at least 30 pounds by doing the following:

-Not eating everything and anything sweet and delicious in my general vicinity
-Avoiding those evil white carbs that like to cling to me like some annoying kid I never wanted and always resented for ruining my life
-Working out every day with a combination of cardio, weight lifting, yoga, and pilates (and stop making excuses for all the reasons I can't work out, such as work, the kids and I just don't feel like it)
-Drinking more water and less coffee and wine (this one's gonna be hard, but hopefully since 2009 is going to be a lot less stressful, I won't need these vices as much, right?)

2. Get more organized and file away those pesky bills every day that seem to pile up because I like to open them and put them in a pile and tell myself I will put them away later, which always ends up being a month or so later when it turns into a massive heap of paper and a day long project.

3. Really get our finances in order, including paying off all our debt and investing some money, cause you know, we will get old someday and I think those kids of ours might want to go to college.

4. Finish writing the book that I started a few months ago and haven't even looked at since. Don't ask me exactly what it is about, cause I really don't know yet. But I figure if I set aside time every week to work on it, it will eventually take shape on its own. Or it will just suck. Whatever. I'm going to finish it either way.

And finally, my favorite resolution, because it involves making MY life a little easier:

5. Set up a chore chart for Big Boy and REALLY use it! Seriously, it's about time that little mooch started carrying his weight around here and since the government says they will put me in jail if I send him to work in a sweatshop or something, I suppose giving him some chores will have to do. Unfortunately, this is going to call for a lot more of me nagging and reminding him, but I think it's a small price to pay for a little help around here. At least until I get my maid...

So that's it. Those are the things I am going to do to turn 2009 into the best year ever. Hopefully, if everything works out the way I'd like, I am going to end up being a wealthy and famous published writer with a rock hard smokin' bod and a supremely organized filing cabinet.

What more could you want?

Here's to everyone sticking to their resolutions and getting everything they want or need in the new year!

Can I get a WOOT WOOT?
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821