Sunday, July 20, 2008

And my goal of the week is...

Every week I am going to set a goal for myself to meet, whether it be reading up on something in particular or going someplace new and interesting. This is an attempt at broadening my horizons, learning new things and keeping my life from shrinking to the size of my livingroom. (Also, from keeping my brain from being limited to enough brain power to choose between chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese for dinner or deciding whether or not to do laundry.)

This week's goal is to read an article every day that I wouldn't normally read. This might include articles on politics, religion or finance. These are all things I know little about, that I assume are not going interest me, that I SHOULD know more about, and that I will probably find actually do interest me more than I think. My husband and I watch Joel Osteen every Sunday (yes, I know he is cheesy and a bible thumper, but we just really like his curly-headed, smily-happy way that makes us feel better about life), and this morning he and his wife were talking about the "Do Not Enter" signs that we put up in our minds. In other words, the things that we tell ourselves that "we just can't do," or "just aren't interested in." Because of these areas we don't dare enter, we miss out on so much that we could be enjoying or at least educating ourselves on. I liked the idea of taking down the "Do Not Enter" signs and I am going to work on that.

What door in your mind do you have a "Do Not Enter" sign on? Think about it.
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821