Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Musings

First of all, I have to share what my adorable, funny little 2-year-old daughter did this morning. We have a set of treacherous steel spiral stairs that we are constantly trying to keep her away from. This morning she was trying to follow the cat "Cricket" up the stairs and we kept pulling her off and re-routing her. At one point, my husband and I were in the bedroom and we heard her yell from out in the hallway-"I AM SUPERBABY!!!" We looked at each other and cracked up and followed the voice to where we found her at the top of the stairs with her little hands above her head looking so proud of herself. She is the cutest thing that ever walked the planet.

So right now I am watching one of a thousand fitness info-mercials that are on every Sunday morning. I always find myself watching them, even though I know they are all sickeningly overpriced and most don't work. But I can't help myself being sucked in my this product called 10 Minute Trainer that says you can lose pounds and inches from this one ten minute workout every day. Of course this is very appealing to me, the crazed mom of a 2-year-old girl with endless energy and 8-year-old boy with ADHD who has no time to shower, never mind work out. I used to be a pilates instructor and was in great shape and now after a baby and no time to work out, I am desperate to get a semblance of my body back. I am seriously considering this 3 payments of $39.95 miracle work out, even though deep down I am pretty sure I will get it and use it for a couple of weeks with no results and end up shelving it with all the others that have come before. Ah, the life of the suburban working housewife...

Lastly, I just have to mention how much I love Jeff Buckley. My daughter wanted me to play "Kung Fu Fighting" off my ipod for the thousandth time and the shuffle next brought us to "Lilac Wine" by Jeff Buckley and it made my heart swell with happiness. His music just makes me think of times past and emotions put away that are remembered when his haunting voice hits my ears. If you have never listened to the late Jeff Buckley (taken way before his time in a tragic boat accident), check him out. You may hate him, you may love him. But listen.

On to the rest of my Sunday. Enjoy the day.
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821