Monday, September 8, 2008

Well, Bugger Me Backwards With a Barge Pole!

The title says it all, doesn't it?

About what, you may ask? Very good question (I knew I kept you guys around for some reason!) Well, the title is actually one of my favorite British phrases that I learned from my very, very good "mate" who is flying over the pond to see me this week from--you guessed it--England! EEK! I am so excited! We had some very fun (and wild!) times in college and she hasn't ventured over to the states to see me since my wedding FOUR years ago, so this is a pretty big deal. She arrives on Tuesday, which means that (sniffle) I will be fairly MIA this week in the blogosphere while we are out gallivanting, wreaking havoc and causing chaos and mayhem all over the state of Massachusetts. Some of our big, wild 'n crazy adventures include the aquarium (woo-hoo!), the mall (don't get too excited now!) and maybe even the movies! (OK, life has changed a bit since college; I have two kids, give me a break!)

Now, don't cry because you are going to miss me so much, I promise I will return to my daily obsessive commenting, entrecard dropping and posting as soon as she leaves. However, I do have a few posts tucked up my sleeve (next to the snotty kleenex--I promise I will wipe them off being posting) so you guys will have something to read in my absence. I am also interested in knowing if anyone would like to guest post for me, so if you are interested (and are not a significantly better writer than I am--Lord knows I don't want you upstaging me, LOL), give me a shout and we'll discuss. I can only pay in virtual hugs and kisses (XOXO), but I promise I am a very good kisser, so it would all be worth it.

So send me an e-mail or leave me a comment proclaiming your undying love and devotion for me and how you would love to write wonderful, glowing things about me while I am gone, and I will consider you as a guest poster (just kidding, you can write what you want, but you must love me in order to be considered).

And for everyone else, enjoy your week and I will be thinking of you while I am eating bangers and mash and spotted dick with my super groovy British bird.

(The first person to know what "spotted dick" is will receive a prize!)
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821