Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tagged and Awarded--Yee-Ha!

Mama of Romance from Sex Diaries of a Mom tagged me for a meme and the very next day, Elizabeth over at The Parenting Pink Blog gave me an award! So now I am going to take the time to recognize these two ladies and the fact that they are faithful readers and commenters on my blog, as well as two really FABbO ladies! (Fabbo is for you Elizabeth, add it to your list of gibberish words that blogging mommies rely on.)

So here's how this whole meme thing works:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okay, here are 7 facts about myself:

1. I have never been to Disney World! Yes, I know, it seems un-American, doesn't it? But alas, I have never been to see Mickey and Snow White, and really I feel a little empty inside because of it. Hopefully the economy will get better and I won't have to mortgage my house to put gas in my car so we can make the trip at some point in the near future!
2. I was a theater major in college. Big shocker, I know, coming from the Drama Queen and all. Yes, I had big aspirations of being a professional actress, and I performed in quite a few shows in my day--The Who's Tommy, Shakespeare's Hamlet and Twelfth Night and Cloud Nine to name a few. I LOVED being onstage (and I was even nominated for some award competitions, which was really cool).

3. I HATE when people are perpetually late. With a passion. Nothing creases my shorts more than someone who is always making you wait around for them while they pick their nose or do their hair or whatever it is that people do that causes them to be late. I am usually EARLY--for everything, just because I am so dreadfully afraid that I will be late and screw up someone else's day.

4. I used to apologize for EVERYTHING (actually, still do a little bit). My parents were forever telling me not to apologize because not EVERYTHING was MY FAULT, but I was (am) one of those people who is just too sensitive and feels the need to take personal responsibility for all the bad things that happen. Neurotic much? Yes, thank you for asking.

5. I hate puke. I am not even going to elaborate because it will make me dry heave all over my computer screen, but let's just say it is one of the biggest obstacles for me as a parent. Nuff said.

6. I lived with two guys in college. (OK, before you're all like 'oh that slutty slut,' it wasn't like that dogg). I was looking for an off-campus apartment and there was a room to rent in a house near the school that just HAPPENED to be inhabited by two 20-something males. Let's just say, the clean-up before the move-in necessitated a HAZ-MAT suit and I cannot believe my parents let me move into that hole. But, it was a great experience and the guys were very good to me (plus they gave me the big-ass bedroom) so I can't complain.

7. OK, I am about to reveal something that might surprise you, or it might not, but before you all go Sarah Palin on my ass and judge me, just step off! OK, well, my last relationship before my husband was with a woman. This particular woman is now my best friend, and yes, it is fine with my husband, and NO, I will never have sex with her in front of him no matter how many times he asks. So that's that. So if you are a homophobe and now no longer like me or my blog, I say GOOD! Go away! (Insert big, slobbery raspberry here.)

So there's your seven facts about me (more information than you ever wanted, I am sure) and I am going to now break the rules and only tag one person, the beautiful lady who gave me an award this week:

Elizabeth at Parenting Pink

So that's my segueway into displaying the really neat award that she gave me--It's in PORTUEGUESE! (Because she is so chic and wordly, you know.)

Apparently (because I don't know Portueguese, surprisingly enough), it says:

“This blog invests and believes, the proximity”(meaning, that blogging makes us ‘close’ -being close through proxy)”


So I say THANK YOU ELIZABETH! I am honored that you like me enough to bestow this upon me, and I am grateful that you are a member of my blogging community!

Also, Elizabeth was kind enough to publish my article about my daughter that I wrote yesterday on her web site Parenting Pink, which is a great site for moms raising daughters. You should go check it out!

End transmission. :-)
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821