Friday, January 30, 2009

Tooting My Own Horn, an Announcement and an Award

TOOT TOOT!

I have lost five pounds-YAY! However, I feel like I have lost more because I have been circuit training and have really firmed and toned a lot. I have a new diet secret that I am not going to unveil until I know for sure that it is actually contributing to my weight loss. And because it's really weird. But stay tuned, because I may just let you in on it. If you are good little readers...and leave me lots of comments and sentiments of adoration.

Next, I would like to announce that I will be doing another See Kai Run giveaway for their new spring line! Yee-ha! It was a big hit last time so I contacted the lovely Julie over at their marketing department, who told me I could go on with my bad self and do another one. She is awesome and gets the "Cool Booty" award. So now I have to pick out a pair for my daughter to review and I will let you all know what she thinks of them and give you the opportunity to win some for your own munchkin. Keep your eye out for the official announcement, coming soon.

And finally, I got a really cool award from the even cooler and obviously misguided Moonspun over at Moonspun Spins, because this is what the award means:

This award shows the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, literal, ethical and personal values every day.

I am not exactly sure that I transmit all that much cultural, ethical or personal values through this blog in all my discussions of dildos, boobs and girl crushes, but I will humbly accept this award anyway, because # 1. Who turns down an award? and #2. Moonspun is awesome so anything from her is cool in my book.

Oh yeah, and it's pretty.The rules:

1) Accept the award and post it on your blog along with the name of the person who gave you the award.

2) Pass it on to (15) bloggers that you know who deserve it.

Since I have two children and three jobs, I am only passing this to five. I hope you forgive me.

1. Carolyn from Carolyn...Online

2. Kaui from How to Party With an Infant

3. Ron from Clark Kent's Lunchbox

4. Ed from FitDad

5. Matt from DC Urban Dad

These bloggers, in my opinion, share a lot of cultural, ethical and/or personal values with their blog, so I think it is only fitting to make sure they receive this award. They all are also uber-cool and have tons to offer the bloggging world, so check them out. They also all happen to be hot. That is just a coincidence.

Everybody have an awesome weekend!

 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821