Thursday, March 26, 2009

Taking a Deep Breath

Well, if you came here looking for He Blogs, She Blogs, I am sorry to say you're out of luck. We have forgone HBSB this week due to dumbassery and chaos on my part, but will be back on MONDAY next week (yes, we are trying to fuck with your mind) with the superior guest posts from Jen from Steenky Bee and Christopher from Cajoh. So come back then (on Monday. Did I mention it's on Monday? OK, good) and read the brilliant ramblings of Steenky Bee and then go to Us and Them for Christopher's take on things. It's gonna be awesome. Probably too awesome, and then I will look really bad, but whatever. I heart Jen anyway, even if she makes me feel totally inferior. I want to be like her when I grow up. And since she is only, like, two years older than me, that will be in about two years. So I'm getting close.

Today I can finally breathe a big sigh of relief, for the hardest part of the audition process for the About.com job is over. I sent in my last two pieces last night to the editor and now I should find out by tomorrow if I make it to the next round. In the next round, we learn how to upload our material to the website, so I am not really worried about that part. Although I am no techie geek, I know my way around a computer and even know a teensy weensie bit of html, so I think this part will pale in comparision to the pure terrifying stress of the first writerly part. Everybody cross your fingers, pray to your gods or deities and/or say some novenas for my poor little soul. I want this job so bad I can taste it. And it tastes like a really great bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.

In the good news department, I have lost seven pounds--yippee!!! I have been working my ass off on the Wii Fit, as well as eating well (low calorie, low carb, low sugar--BORING) and not drinking during the week (save me) and it seems to be paying off. I have also gone back on my PCOS medication, which makes me nauseous pretty much 24/7 so that helps with the whole "not eating" thing. But it sucks ass feeling like you are going to puke all the time. I haven't felt this way since I was pregnant with my daughter, and at least back then it was all for a good cause. Although I guess it's worth it if I lose these 33 pounds that I have left to lose. Who needs to feel good as long as you look smokin' hot in a bathing suit, right ladies?

So don't forget to come back Monday for the He Blogs, She Blogs guest posters. And please, say a little prayer for me?

 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821