Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reality Bites

Well, I am back from San Diego and may I just say it EFFING ROCKS??!! It was gorgeous, the weather was great and I spent mucho time relaxing in the hotel room, getting work done in the peace and quiet, taking afternoon naps, and exploring San Diego on my own while hubby was at the convention. It was an incredible vacation, which has rejuvenated me for the long, hot summer ahead in which I wait rather impatiently for my house to be completed and work my ass off trying to write my book, all while keeping the children sufficiently entertained. Thank you to my wonderful husband for bringing me along--it was a GODSEND!

But I must admit, I missed my kids something fierce and was practically tearing the armrest off the passenger seat of the van as we drive down my mother's street to pick up my daughter. Although I could have used a few more days in sunny San Diego, I am not quite sure I could have lasted that long without some kisses and hugs from my babies.

So here I am, back to reality. There is a lot to be done, and I am way behind, plus I left my planner in the hotel room in SD, even though I scoured the room and was positive I hadn't forgotten anything. So, needless to say, I am feeling quite a bit discombobulated today. Because of this, we are skipping He Blogs, She Blogs this week, and I am going to put off a post full of details and pics from my trip for another day when I don't have the weight of the world on my shoulders. Throw in the fact that Father's Day is this weekend and I may just explode! AAAGGGGHHH!!!

However, yesterday my column went up over at SexIs Magazine, so feel free to go read that because it was written weeks ago when I was much more put-together. And please, PLEASE comment on the forum post under the article and give me some feedback. I need all the moms out there to interact with me if I am going to get this book written. Plus, I just want to know what you think so I can keep making the column better for y'all.

So head over there:...and I promise soon I will have a fantastic post complete with pictures all about San Diego!
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821