Friday, June 19, 2009

Silly Questions

At swimming class today, my 3-year-old daughter was swimming and having a grand old time. Her swim instructor and I got to talking and I told her how she had been playing her new guitar that we got her in San Diego non-stop and that she had told us of her new desire to be a rockstar. To prove to her that she had, indeed, said this, I asked her "Baby Girl, what are you going to be want you grow up?"

She looked at me like I was the 3-year-old and had just asked the most ridiculous question she had ever heard. I repeated myself, thinking maybe she hadn't heard the question, to which she sighed, rolled her eyes and replied matter-of-factly:

"A grown up."

The look on her face clearly said "Mom, you ask the silliest questions, what do you think I am going to grow into, an aardvark?"

I laughed about this all the way home.
 
ss_blog_claim=56a84c4e8749734eb151bee73d0a1821